Harvard Writing Resources
- Strategies for Essay Writing: These concise explanations provide advice on some fundamental elements of academic writing.
- Departmental Writing Fellows (DWFs): Departmental Writing Fellows provide discipline-specific writing tutorial services to concentrators.
- Harvard Guide to Using Sources: This resource helps students think carefully about the challenges and methods of developing their own ideas from material they read in print or on the Internet. The guide is divided into sections focusing on locating sources, evaluating sources, integrating sources into your paper, citing sources, and avoiding plagiarism.
- Brief Guides to Writing in the Disciplines: These guides introduce students to the specific challenges of writing in different fields.
- Harvard Writing Project writing guides: These guides provide advice on writing in the specific concentrations and courses, plus guidance for senior thesis writers.
Useful Writing Resources Outside Harvard